DISPOSALS IN WHITTIER, CA
Garbage disposals are an integral part of today’s kitchen. We offer service on all brands and carry the Insinkerator on our trucks for installation or replacement. We can also install any brand that you supply. To maintain your disposal:
• Put ice cubes in the disposal to sharpen the blades between uses
• Grind up citrus fruits in the disposal for a fresh citrus smell
• Use a specially designed disposal brush to remove hard to reach deposits that cause odors and food build-up
ELECTRONIC LEAK DETECTION AND PIPE TRACING
Instead of guessing where the pipe is or where the leak is coming from and ripping up your walls, digging up your yard, or jack hammering your floors/driveways/patios, R.K. Knight Plumbing can electronically locate and trace most pipes. It doesn’t matter if they are in the wall or in the ground, we can find them. By doing this we will be able to fix your leaky pipe with as little harm to your home, yard, floor, driveway or patio as possible. Thus, not only saving you time and money, but also the worries of how much damage is going to be caused to your home when trying to guess where the pipe is.
Thermal expansion is the term used to describe the circumstance of water expanding in volume as it is heated. The installation of a thermal expansion tank in the cold water line of the water heater can protect the system from the damaging effects of thermal expansion and increased pressure. R.K. Knight Plumbing can install and service all bands, sizes and models of expansion tanks for your home or business. Thermal Expansion and Your Water Heater.
A faucet should operate smoothly and shut 100% of the water off with minimal effort. If your faucet requires more strength to turn it off or if it leaks (even a little) it’s time to have it looked at by a professional. We offer service on all brands of faucets and carry Wolverine Brass and Premier Faucets on our trucks for installation or replacement. We can also install any brand of faucet that you prefer or provide. Wolverine Brass and Premier Faucets are only available to the professional plumber. They are available in a multitude of styles and finishes. Ceramic Disc technology allows for effortless operation and are backed with a 100 year manufactures’ warranty against leaks.
Did you know that for a fraction of the cost of bottled water you can have a clean fresh glass of quality filtered water from any faucet in your home? If each person in family of 4 replaced drinking one bottle of water a day with a glass from the tap, there would be 1,460 less plastic bottles going to landfills and the family would save almost $3,000 a year from buying bottled water.
We offer a variety of solutions from point of use filters such as inline ice maker and refrigerator dispensers to whole house filtration systems. Whether you want to filter out bad taste, foul odor, heavy minerals or other contaminants we have a solution for you.
R.K. Knight Plumbing stocks the H20 Harmony brand which is only available to the professional plumber. We can also install any other brand that you would like.
R.K. Knight Plumbing can install a gas supply line to any gas fired appliance in your home, from interior gas fireplaces to exterior fire pits or barbeques. We can even replace your existing gas main should there be any problems with it.
ICE MAKER / REFRIGERATOR LINES
Did you know that shut off valves should be a durable style to allow for repeated use to allow for water filter replacement? Did you know some appliance installers use an inferior self piecing saddle tap type valve that is prone to leaking and could cause severe property damage when the leaks occur?
R.K. Knight Plumbing doesn’t use this type of valve, instead we will install a full sized 1/4 turn solid brass body shut off vale to allow maximum flow to the appliance and ensure years of trouble free service. We will professionally install a water line to your refrigerator.
Water lines should be installed to allow for the refrigerator to be pulled out for proper cleaning. So we use only 1/4 soft drawn copper tubing, no plastic tubing so you don’t have to worry about a leak.
INSTANT HOT WATER
can shower, shave, wash your face or do dishes. How many gallons of cold water are wasted while the water runs waiting for hot water to be delivered to the faucet? We can calculate the monetary cost of the water waste but what about the impact on our environment?
The good news is that through modern technology advances in the plumbing field we are able to deliver hot water to any faucet in your home immediately. It may sound too good to be true, but it’s not.
We offer products like:
• Instantaneous hot water dispensers. These dispensers mount to your kitchen sink and can instantly deliver 190-degree water for an instant cup of hot soup, coffee or tea.
• Comfort service hot water re-circulation system from Grundfos. With the installation of a pump at your water heater and inconspicuous bypass valves at fixtures furthest from the water heater can deliver hot water in seconds, not minutes.
LEAKY WATER PIPES
Your house is full of water pipes and R.K. Knight Plumbing can take care of any leak that may occur with any leaky water pipe (including plastic, copper or galvanized piping) anywhere in your house. We can even replace and sometimes repair your main water service.
OUTSIDE HOSE FAUCETS
R.K. Knight Plumbing offers superb service on all brands, makes and models of outside hose faucets. We can install any brand of your choice, but recommend and carry the Arrowhead Brass brand on our trucks
Hot water recirculation means a continuous flow of hot water in the hot water supply line of your home. Without a “recirc” system, unused hot water in the line cools and must be evacuated before hot water from your water heater can reach the desired faucet. As a result, gallons of water are wasted – and so is your time.
Interested in learning more about Recirculation Pumps?
R.K. Knight Plumbing offers outstanding service on all bands, makes and models of Recirculation Pumps. We can install any brand of your choice, but recommend and carry the Grundfos brand.
Are you adding a bathroom to your basement? Remodeling an existing bathroom or kitchen? Maybe you just want a new shower or tub, or are looking to move your washing machine and dryer to a new location in your house?
R.K. Knight Plumbing can help with your bathroom, basement, or kitchen remodel. Just let us know what you are interested in doing. We will come to your house and provide you with a FREE estimate!
We can service and repair the drain lines to any sink in your house or business including but not limited to kitchen, vegetable, bathroom, utility and bar sinks.
We can also supply and install any sink of your choice.
R.K. Knight Plumbing offers outstanding service on all brands, makes, and models of toilets. We can install any brand or model of your choice, but recommend and carry the Kohler and Gerber brands on our trucks.
WASHING MACHINE HOSES
If you still have rubber hoses and they have not been replaced in the last 5 years, they should be replaced so that they don’t burst and cause water damage. Stainless steel braided washing machine hoses will keep your washing machine from flooding your washroom or basement.
R.K. Knight Plumbing offers a number of solutions to protect your home or business and to prevent flooding and potential water damage:
• Water Cop automatic water shut-off system will provide your home with round-the-clock indoor flood protection and works with wired and wireless flood sensors, wall switches, and most home security and home automation systems. Some insurance companies offer discounts on homeowner policies with the installation of Water Cop. Interested in learning more about Water Cop? Click Here
• Flood StopTM stops flood damage before it really starts! Flood stop can be attached to washing machines, water heaters, dishwashers, ice makers, sinks or for your whole house and automatically shuts off the water supply at the fixture and sounds an alarm, leaving all other household fixtures and appliances operational.
• Water Alarms are a low-cost option. They are easy to install, just stick it on the ground after inserting batteries and you are good to go. It is also very effective: it has an extremely loud alarm and very sensitive water sensors that can detect the slightest amount of water.
Are you embarrassed by the funny taste or foul smell of your tap water? Do your plumbing fixtures have stains from the minerals in the water? A water filter will remove odors, tastes & minerals from the water to give you better tasting & smelling water and stain-free plumbing fixtures!
R.K. Knight Plumbing offers outstanding service on all brands, makes, and models of water filters. We can install any brand or model of your choice but recommend and carry the H2O Harmony brand.
Your water heater is a major energy consumer in your home. If your water heater is more than a few years old, you may consider replacing it with a new, energy-efficient Bradford White model.
R.K. Knight Plumbing offers service on all brands, sizes, and models of water heaters for your home or business. We can install any brand or model of your choice but recommend and carry the Bradford White brand. We have an outstanding complete guarantee on water heater installations that are above and beyond industry standards. Our guarantees cover the tank, labor, and parts for a full 6 or 10-year guarantee! For more information about water heaters and installation, please click on a topic below.
WATER HEATERS- TANKLESS
Tankless water heating systems are revolutionizing the way modern homes meet their water heating needs. These compact units can produce and supply endless streams of hot water to multiple outlets at once without any fluctuation in temperature. Tankless water heaters are also a Green Screened product because they are energy efficient.
R.K. Knight Plumbing offers service on all brands, sizes, and models of tankless water heaters for your home or business. We can install any brand or model of your choice but recommend Noritz brand. Call for a FREE estimate on the installation of a Tankless Water Heater.
A Tankless Water Heat is a WISE INVESTMENT
• A tankless heater only heats water when you need it, not when you don’t, so it is very energy efficient.
• Energy $AVING$ of 30%-45% compared to old-style tank water heaters.
• Pays for its self in energy savings in just a few years.
• $1,500 Federal tax credits available on certain energy-efficient water heaters.* (check with your tax advisor)
• $200 tax credit from Southern California Gas Company. *
Tankless Water Heaters NEVER RUN OUT
• Long hot, comfortable showers never have to end.
• Your schedule doesn’t have to be controlled by the water heater. Dishes AND laundry can be done while taking showers without running out of hot water.